This article will guide you on How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat on Windows PC. Be sure check all the prerequisites before you proceed with the steps.
Android 4.4 KitKat is the latest version of Android OS released by Google. Until now, only 8-9% smartphones have been upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat including new device, which had Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box. It is a fact that not every android running Smartphone will get Android 4.4 KitKat update except few flagship and high-end devices from major OEMs. Now if you are stuck with a low-end or mid-range device, which have not received Android 4.4 KitKat update yet, then the only thing you can do is wait for the official release from your manufacturer.
However, for a change you can experience the same by installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your Windows PC. To install Android 4.4 KitKat on PC we will be using Oracle Virtualbox. Follow these steps for the same.
Once you download oracle VirtualBox, install it. Keep Android 4.4 KitKat Image files as it is and proceed with these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat on PC
1. Run VirtualBox
2. Now click on New button (top right corner)
3. In the next window type name as Android 4.4 KitKat, Type as Linux and Version as Other Linux (332 bit). Click on Next
4. Now you have to select memory size (RAM) recommended is 256MB, but keep it as 800MB ( more or less depending upon the memory size. Click on Next
5. Select Create a virtual hard drive now and click on Create
6. Select VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) and click on Next
7. Select Fixed size and click Next
8. In the next window, you have set storage space for Virtual Disk Image on your hard drive. Once selected, click Create
9. Now, you will see an Android 4.4 KitKat file in Oracle VirtualBOx
10. Right click on it and select Start
11. Here, you will be prompted to select downloaded Android 4.4 ISO image. So click on small box/file icon and navigate to the folder where you have stored Android 4.4 ISO image. Select it and click on Open
12. Click on Start button
13. Select Install Android-86 to Harddisk
14. Select Create/Modify Partitions and click OK
15. Select New
16. Select Primary
17. Press Enter to proceed
18. Select Write
19. Now, type YES and press enter
20. Select Quit and press enter
21. Next, select Sda1 linux VBOX HARDDISK, select OK and press enter
22. Select ext3 filesystem and select OK
23. Select Yes and press enter
24. You will be prompted to install boot loader GRUB. Select Yes and press and enter
25. Again select Yes and press enter
26. Select Reboot, select OK and press enter
27. Now select Device > CD/DVD Devices > Android-x86-4.4-RC1.iso (ISO image)
28. Next, select Machine > Close > Power off the machine and OK
29. Now again right click on Android 4.4 KitKat file in VirtualBox and select Start
30. Select Android-x86 4.4-RC1 and hit enter
That’s all! You have successfully installed Android 4.4 KitKat on Windows PC. Now you should see a booting screen. It will ask you enter few details, after entering them you can use Android 4.4 KitKat on your PC.
Fore more detailed tutorial watch this video.